Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ivory Muse


Traveling has been a great source of inspiration for me.  Scouring vintage markets, browsing charming boutiques, and wondering at the fantastic creations in elite fashion salons is always inspirational – however, nature has always been my greatest source of wonder.

On a recent trip to Austria, I spent a week in the neat little bathing town of Baden, where I spent a lot of time in the beautifully manicured Rosarium Gardens. The weather was cool and pleasant; often a light sprinkle of rain would dust the rows of roses with delicate droplets of water. I would take my art materials to draw and paint, or simply spend endless hours reading all the different species of rose planted there.




Whilst relaxing amongst the beautiful blooms, I was struck with the idea for a new collection inspired by a particular ivory coloured rose, called “The Lordly Oberon”. Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” has always been my favourite play, and this collection will strive to bring to life the magic and frivolity of the tiny regal realm they rule.

Here my own tiny, ivory muse is visible beneath layers  of ivory coloured organza, ready to be turned into something ethereal. 

 

Progress on the first “rose bloom” frock.


No comments:

Post a Comment

merci for your contribution