Monday, November 4, 2013

Best Use of Tartan Competition

Thought I'd shine some light on my winning entry for the BCUK '13 Fashion Competition. The theme for 2013 was "Best Use of Tartan" in honour of the location: Glasgow, Scotland.

Design Sketch and Ideas / Dolly Fashion Sketchbook

As usual I designed my own pattern for the costume based on my illustration for the outfit, but this time round I designed my own fabric too. We printed out the same pink tartan pattern onto thin cotton, and coated canvas.



And here is the costume all finished...

Corset Front
Corset Back
A prim little schoolgirl!

It was such an honour to place first in the competition, a truly wonderful recognition at BCUK!
The entire ensemble set is now available in my Etsy Shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

merci for your contribution